Appointed as Non-Executive Director in July 2023, Nadine provides strategic leadership and direction to the virtuall executive team, including Toby Heelis and Alan Newton, who between them have vast experience in the hospitality, events, technology and product design sectors.
virtuall create game changing products that connect the world in a sustainable and profitable way. This includes E X P L O R E – the ultimate AI-automated virtual tour platform for places & spaces.
2.0 version of E X P L O R E is a proven success in hotels, resorts and venues, and we will be focusing on other key industry sectors that would benefit from this platform and take visual storytelling to the next level.
The team are in the process of developing E X P L O R E 3.0 with generative AI, so clients will be able to do even more with less, drive decisions quicker and ultimately save on unnecessary travel.
WorldSkills London Board
Nadine was appointed as a Non-Executive Director and member of the Audit Committee of the WorldSkills London Board by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. This was for the duration of the ‘Skills Olympics’ 4-year project to promote best practice apprenticeships and vocational training in the UK.
Nadine played an integral role in changing the way apprenticeships were perceived by pupils, parents, teachers, employers and policy makers in the UK. In doing so, she helped lay the foundations for ‘WorldSkills UK Live’ – the biggest experiential skills, careers, and apprenticeship event in the UK.
At the time, WorldSkills London was the world’s largest international skills competition and education event that set out to positively change attitudes towards learning, particularly with young people.
Held in London, the scale of the event was enormous. It was the second largest consumer event in 2011 with 250,000 pupils and students attending from schools and colleges across the UK. As well as 200,000 visitors from 58 countries, with 1,000 competitors taking part, assisted by 2,000 volunteers and 2,500 international delegates in attendance.
Nadine’s Contribution to WorldSkills London
- Appointed to provide strategic leadership and direction to the WorldSkills London executive team. This included overseeing legal, financial, risk management and operational issues.
- Played an instrumental role in supporting the delivery of an outstanding event that went on to exceed all of its targets. And despite the economic downturn, secured over £17.6m commercial sponsorship.
- Represented the board on the audit committee; supported the delivery of a fully audited set of accounts; monitored and reported on key risks, revenues and cash flow for the company.
- Supported and advised the executive team in operations, sponsorship and marketing. This included the appointment of team members and agencies to run elements of the event. All agencies appointed performed above expectations.
- Chaired WorldSkills Premiere Experience working alongside Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills; John Hayes MP, Minister of State for Further Education, Skills and Lifelong Learning; Frances O’Grady, General Secretary, TUC; Martin Donnelly, Permanent Secretary for Business, Innovation and Skills; and Sir Peter Rogers, Mayoral Advisor, Regeneration, Growth & Enterprise, Greater London Authority, Mayor’s Office.
Nadine is a Non-Executive Director for CVTV.
First impressions matter. If you’re looking for a new job, a new client or investment in your business, you need to be relevant, resonant and rewarding if you’re going to stand out.
The team at CVTV pair you with an experienced coach and interviewer. They will take you through the process, coach you and record interviews that you can use to manage your first impression and demonstrate your authentic values.
PwC Non-Executive Director Programme
By invitation, Nadine is on the PwC boardroom development programme for NEDs.
The programme keeps Nadine up to date with all the relevant NED issues including boardroom leadership & effectiveness, climate governance, sustainable development goals, cyber security risk, fraud risk management, data ethics, big data, operational resilience, executive remuneration, audit, pensions, competition policy, risk assessment and key trends.
Nadine’s NED and Business Advisory Skills:
- Wide experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Different perspective
- National & International outlook
- Diverse in profile & thought
- Ability to assimilate, assess and analyse information
- Critical thinking, creativity and strategic awareness
BIOG & PRESS PACK
Download the biography in PDF format or the full press pack including biography, high resolution images and testimonials in ZIP format