WorldSkills London Board
Nadine played an integral role in changing the way apprenticeships were perceived by pupils, parents, teachers, employers and policy makers in the UK. In doing so, she helped lay the foundations for ‘WorldSkills UK Live’ – the largest experiential skills, apprenticeships and careers event in the UK.
At the time, WorldSkills London was the world’s largest international skills competition and education event that set out to positively change attitudes towards learning, particularly with young people.
Held in London, the scale of the event was enormous: 200,000 visitors; 58 countries; 1,000 competitors; 2,000 volunteers and 2,500 delegates; second largest consumer event in 2011; with £17.6m generated from commercial sponsorship.
Nadine’s contribution to WorldSkills London
- Appointed to provide strategic leadership and direction to the WorldSkills London executive team. This included overseeing legal, financial, risk management and operational issues.
- Played an instrumental role in supporting the delivery of an outstanding event that went on to exceed all of its targets. And despite the economic downturn, secured over £17.6m commercial sponsorship and 200,000 visitors to the event from schools and colleges across the UK.
- Represented the board on the audit committee; supported the delivery of a fully audited set of accounts; monitored and reported on key risks, revenues and cash flow for the company.
- Supported and advised the executive team in operations, sponsorship and marketing with the recruitment of agencies to run elements of the event and appointment of team members. All agencies appointed performed above expectations.
Nadine is a Non-Executive Director for Reconnect Studio.
Reconnect make podcasts for businesses. Offering a complete solution from planning to a finished MP3, helping clients build and market their brand through podcasting.
With experience in working with some of the biggest brands in the world on outlets such as BBC World and Wall Street Journal.
PwC Non-Executive Director Programme
The programme keeps Nadine up to date with all the relevant NED issues including boardroom leadership & effectiveness, climate governance, sustainable development goals, cyber security, big data, operational resilience, remuneration, audit, pensions, competition policy and risk assessment.
Nadine’s NED and Business Advisory Skills:
- Wide experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Different perspective
- National & International outlook
- Diverse in profile & thought
- Ability to assimilate, assess and analyse information
- Critical thinking, creativity and strategic awareness
BIOG & PRESS PACK
Download the biography only in PDF format or the full press pack including biography, high resolution images and testimonials in ZIP format